All parents have a wealth of knowledge and experience that is particularly relevant to children in their neighbourhood; we want to harness this knowledge by involving parents in the fabric of the school, so we can all learn from each other.
Parents who accept our invitation to help support children will be joining a very professional training program, where they can develop their own learning skills to pass on to their children to ensure that every pupil can access a high quality learning experience, at home as well as at school.
Many volunteer opportunities exist within the school and as part of our commitment to learning outdoors, we appreciate volunteer support:
- In the classroom, reading to children
- In the office, filing, data entry, answering phone calls
- On trips to the woods and in the community, helping with crossing roads etc
- At lunch time, sharing a meal and supervising children
- After and before school, supporting wrap around care
- As a parent governor, contributing to the strategic direction of WNA
- Supporting conservation work in the Nature Park, led by the rangers
If you think you could help, whether regularly or just now-and-again, and for more information on our volunteer policies and agreements, please contact the office.